Yazar Mesaj
 İleti başlığı: n Conference semifinals.Saskatchewan Roug
İletiTarih: 09 Ağustos 2017, 08:19 
PS Özel Üye
PS Özel Üye
Kayıt: 28 Haziran 2017, 02:13
İleti: 1620

Cinsiyet: Bay
NEW YORK, N.Y. - It is among the most unexpected championship matchups in Grand Slam tennis history: Kei Nishikori against Marin Cilic in the U.S. Open final. Neither is currently ranked in the top 10. Neither has previously played in a major final, let alone won one. You can catch all the action starting today at 5pm et/2pm pt on TSN2 and TSN GO. "If somebody told you a Nishikori-Cilic final at the U.S. Open, three weeks ago, you would look at them like they dont know what theyre talking about," said 2001 Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic, Cilics coach. "But its happening on Monday." Yes, it is, putting an end to a 9 1/2-year, 38-Slam stretch in which at least one — and 17 times, two — of Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal participated in the title match, winning 34 of them. Cilic eliminated Federer 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 in the semifinals. Nishikori, a star in his native Japan but based since age 14 in Florida, got past Djokovic 6-4, 1-6, 7-6 (4), 6-3 to become the first man from Asia to get to a major singles final. (Nadal, the 2013 U.S. Open champion, did not try to defend his title because of a right wrist injury.) "Well," Cilic summed up, "its a bit of a change up." And just think about where these two guys were a year ago at this time. Cilic was at home in Croatia, barred from entering the U.S. Open because of a doping suspension he says he didnt deserve. He tested positive for a stimulant at a tournament in Germany in May 2013, and the International Tennis Federation sought a two-year ban. He said he ingested the substance unintentionally via a glucose tablet bought at a pharmacy. He initially was suspended for nine months, but the Court of Arbitration for Sport reduced that to four months on appeal last October, saying, "the sanction imposed was too severe." The court also restored ranking points and prize money that had been taken from Cilic. "You can see theres a justice," Ivanisevic said. "Theres somebody upstairs watching. He was accused for nothing. He was sitting ... for nothing." After his startlingly straightforward ouster by Cilic on Saturday, Federer was asked whether he was at all uncomfortable with the idea that he was beaten by a guy who recently served a ban for doping. "Im fine with it. I truly believed he didnt do anything wrong in the sense that he did (not do) it on purpose. Was he stupid, maybe? Maybe. You know, yeah. But I feel like I know him well enough, and I dont think he would ever do it," Federer said. "I dont quite remember what the circumstances were, but I feel more bad for him than anything else." Nishikori, meanwhile, left Flushing Meadows 12 months ago with a straight-set, first-round loss to a qualifier ranked 179th. He arrived this year with a reputation for injury issues. As recently as three weeks ago, he was forced to hit shots while seated at practice, because he couldnt run after having a cyst removed from the bottom of his right foot in August. "I tried to work on my body a lot this year," said Nishikori, who has won five of seven previous matches against Cilic. "Even last year, too." And now? Nishikori is viewed in a very different light after winning a pair of five-setters totalling more than 8 1/2 hours against No. 3-seeded Stan Wawrinka and No. 5 Milos Raonic, before beating No. 1 Djokovic in stifling heat and humidity. "After every match that he wins," said Nishikoris coach, 1989 French Open champion Michael Chang, "I keep telling him, Were not done yet." Nishikori is seeded 10th, but ranked 11th. Cilic is seeded 14th, but ranked 16th. Its the first time since the 2002 French Open that two men outside the top 10 met in a Grand Slam final. That hasnt happened in New York since Patrick Rafter beat Greg Rusedski in 1997, which also was the last year two players made their major final debut at Flushing Meadows. "Its going to be a tricky final. First final for both of the guys, theyre going to both be nervous," Ivanisevic said. "But whoever wins is going to be on top of the world. You know, Mount Everest is Monday." Nike Air Vapormax Uomo . Alen, 28, hit .315 with five home runs, 59 RBI and a career-high nine stolen bases for the Goldeyes last season. He is the longest serving catcher in Goldeyes history, having already spent five seasons with the organization. Nike Comme Des Garçons . -- The Detroit Lions made it crystal clear to Golden Tate that he was their top target in free agency. http://www.scapredarunningnike.it/. -- J.R. Sweezy was the one part of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line that had avoided injuries or having to change positions this season. Nike Huarache Uomo .A. Dickey, even though he was coming off a Cy Young Award in 2012. Many felt the Jays would regret giving up righthanded pitcher prospect Noah Syndergaard and catcher Travis DArnaud over the long haul. Nike Ai Huarache Verdi Fluo . Tony Parker had 33 points and nine assists and San Antonio never trailed in a resounding 116-92 victory over Portland, bullying the younger Trail Blazers in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals.Saskatchewan Roughriders slotback Chris Getzlaf has been officially ruled out for Sundays Western Semi-Final matchup against the B.C. Lions. Getzlaf is still recovvering from a knee injury suffered in the Week 18 loss to the Calgary Stampeders.dddddddddddd Eron Riley will make his CFL debut in Getzlafs place. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Çevrimdışı
 Profile bak E-posta  
Önceki iletileri göster:  Sıralama  
Yeni konu gönder Konuya cevap yaz  [ 1 ileti ] 

Tüm zamanlar UTC + 1 saat

Kimler çevrimiçi

Bu forumu görüntüleyenler: Kayıtlı kullanıcı yok ve 1 misafir

Bu forumda yeni konular açamazsınız
Bu forumda konulara cevap yazamazsınız
Bu forumda kendi iletilerinizi değiştiremezsiniz
Bu forumda kendi iletilerinizi silemezsiniz

Arama: